Monday, November 8, 2010

Readings

Honestly, I think that the Jim Valentino book was one of, if not the best thing we've read this year. It's pretty hard to get me to laugh at things like movies or books, but Vignettes did. Also, you could tell what mood he was in during each of the comics he drew. When he did the strip about his divorce, and the one about the death of his grandmother, the tone was much darker and he drew things much more realistically. I sat down for 2 1/2 hours straight and read through it. I really couldn't put it down.
I think I would have enjoyed Swamp thing more if I had read some of it before hand. I felt like I got thrown into the middle of the series and was kind of lost as to who was who and who did what. It was well written and drawn beautifully, but I just think I don't know enough about the series to have enjoyed it.
The Batman story where he went back in time to stop his parents murder in another dimension was hokey to say the least. not much going for it. I mean, he got Gordon to not arrest him because he asked him to search his feelings and that they had met in another time. Seems like that would have guaranteed him getting the cuffs slapped on him.
Cerberus was nothing special to me. Like I said with swamp thing, I felt like I had no clue what was going on. We were kind of just thrown into the middle of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment